Research | Economia
The research interests of the members of the DISES are quite varied. They cover major issues in Economics, using two types of theoretical approach: the formal-analytical and the empirical (econometric and quantitative).
Theoretical research in this area focuses mainly on issues such as:
- the general equilibrium;
- uncertainty and information;
- analysis of competitive markets;
- models of wage bargaining;
- economic institutions;
- pension systems;
- technological innovation.
Empirical research often relies on econometric tools, and addresses the following:
- the labour market and unemployment;
- investment in human capital;
- financial economics;
- the banking industry;
- economic growth;
- local development;
- inequality and social mobility.